Monday, March 10, 2014

Mexico Photos and Thanks to All the Linky Entries and Congrats to #2 the $50.00 Gift Card Winner!

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who entered our March Linky Party, all of the samples people entered were really wonderful and everyone will receive a $6.00 Crafty Secrets Gift Card and Alicia was the #2 random.org lucky winner this month and wins a $50.00 Gift Certificate.

I also have photos from our recent trip to  San Jose del Cabo Mexico and some handy links and tips if you ever get a chance to visit this pretty place.  We found www.tripadvisor.com to be the most helpful site to check out the reviews on accommodations, restaurants, beaches and fun things to do.   You can also read my 10 Best Best Budget and Travel Tips from when we went to France. My husband Scott has been retired for 3 years now and his goal is to travel and see as many places as possible so we try and save where ever we can! This is out by the marina, we were heading to Flora's Farm and I'm so sad it was closed!


We rented a house so we could save some money, do some patio dinners and relax by our own pool and found Villa de la Torre a wonderful 2 bedroom house  with a guest house you can add on and it was less than $100.00 a night per bedroom when we divided it and nicer than a hotel room! This photo is coming through the gate. VRBO also rents houses around the world by owners and has reviews. You can also house swap (haven't tried yet)


 The gardens on the property were amazing and our friend who stayed in the guest house was 'seriously blown away' as she put it.You can see it at the back of the property.

Here's a photo of her bedroom in the guest house and it had a cute little kitchen and big bathroom and shower.


This was our bedroom off the pool.  One of my favorite things were the huge wood doors and wood detail around all the windows in the house.


Okay, I also liked this patio and we all worked out here in the mornings on our computers.


This was our favorite beach Santa Maria about a 10 minute drive from the house we rented. Our rental car came to about $425.00 for 9 days and them we split the cost so it seemed like a deal to have the freedom to come and go were we wanted but there are buses that run all day along the highway.

This was taken in the downtown area of San Jose del Cabo in the art gallery area where they have an art walk every Thursday evening.  I liked this town more than Cabo, it's more quaint but I was surprised the prices at most resturants and stores were not less than at home. The Mega store was the best place to get groceries and it has a great bakery.



I fell in love with this piece and would have loved to bring it home!

We drove into Cabo San Lucas 1 day and paid $12.00 each to go out on a glass bottom boat and the 2 person crew were great guys and took us all around the coves and dropped us at Lovers Beach for a couple of hours and came back to get us.



 I wish we had brought our snorkel gear as there were so many fish you can see at the side of our boat.  I think the crew threw some bread in the water and now I've read that it isn't good for the fish - who then don't eat up the algae. 

 We went up close to visit these lazy sea lions enjoying the sun on the rocks



Here we all are on the boat. The next day we were hit with a Canadian flu bug (yep - it came all the way from Canada) that made half of us sick for a few days. I'm so happy I only had it for 1 day but I was very dramatic and had a projectile puke that covered a tiny bathroom at a cute little restaurant. I was so embarrassed I spent 40 minutes cleaning it all up. Gross!



 This was one of the coolest photos I took. There was a giant flock of seagulls on the beach and they all took off and I managed to get this photo. Look at the one in the middle, doesn't it look like he has angel wings?


 Everyone felt better and we went for BBQ ribs at a place on the beach called Zippers our last night.



Maybe a house isn't for you if you have a large group but no one wants to help cook or clean up after. Then I would look for a package at an all inclusive and we did one last Christmas and it was one of the best family vacations we've ever done.  This time we wanted to go on an adventure everyday and see something new. We all love cooking and spending the evening enjoying dinner and wine and not worrying about driving so the house was a good fit.  The cleaning lady came 3 times during our 9 day stay and made everything look perfect each time. 

Do you like to travel and have any favorite place you've been to?
 

I will be back this week with some great projects from our DT ladies, plus I feel a little crafty and need to make something!

We have so many NEW items in our Crafty Vintage Girl Store you should check out

Also, see all the ideas and samples on Pintrest!   

Hope you are having a great start to the week
Sandy



Sandy Redburn




Visit us on Facebook with over 5500 Fans!  






Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898


Local Phone 604 597-8817





Crafty Secrets Head Office


15430 78 A Ave.,


Surrey, BC V3S 8R4






USA Warehouse


250 H. Street, #436



Blaine,WA 98230



3 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

WOW... that looks like it was amazing! You guys all look great! I'm so glad you guys got to go, just wish the stupid flu would have left you alone. Cant wait to hear more about it.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Awesome photos - what a fun trip! Looks like you really enjoyed a much-needed break! That flu sounds a bit nasty - glad it was short-lived!

Congrats to the winner of the linky party!

Linsey R said...

It's sounds and looks like y'all had a fabulous vacation! All the pics are great! I'm sorry to hear about the flu bug making its way around, but it doesn't look like it hindered your activities too much and I'm glad you all recovered within a few days. What a wonderful trip, thanks for sharing all the pics Sandy! I love to travel, but don't as much as I wish I could--of course! My fave trip to date was my solo vacation to New Orleans. I stayed at a hotel 3 blocks from the frenchquarter and walked there each morning for café au lait and beignets, rode the St Charles St. trolley to the Garden district and walked around looking at the spectacular architecture of the historic homes. I even took a tour of an old sugar plantation in the bayou. It was an awesome time :) Thanks for letting me share that lol! Hope you have a wonderful and crafty day! Hugs!