Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cheer This Girl On! , Daytimer Tutorial and Other News!

Hi Everyone,  I was so moved by Michele Kovack's daughter Courtney and her story I wanted to tell you about it below. I also wanted to apologize about our May Linky Party which is fixed now but there are only 4 entries and there is a $6.00 gift card for each person and a $50.00 Random.org gift certificate winner. You can add a sample to our May Linky Party here - you have until 12 midnight Sunday.The odds are great!

Michele Kovack has been on our Design Team - like forever - since 2008 and I, as many of you, have watched her 2 kids grow up. Her daughter Courtney has Cerebral Palsy and I was honestly moved to tears to see her post about Courtney being offered modeling jobs and I was so inspired I wanted to post about it in hope she will get the support and cheer her and other teens and families on in similar situations! Here's is the earliest photo I could find of Courtney and her family back in 2008 when she was just a little kid.

Here is Courtney in 2014 with the hope of modeling for other disabled teens. I'm so happy for her and Michele and inspired by the way they are  empowering other teens with disabilities to go for it! This girl has lived in a wheelchair all her life and can still smile and see the positive in life.  I hope she becomes a super model!


Also, DT Member Sheila Rumney has a wonderful Tutorial on creating a bookmark for Daytimers or a book her on her Blog using an image from our Creating With Illustrations CD 2 with a sentiment from our Angel Blessings Digtal stamp set.



I hope you are having a fantastic weekend and Happy Mother's Day to any of you Moms!

If you still need to make a Mothers Day Card see all the Freebie links on this post:

Thank you so much for your support and feedback,  it's truly appreciated!
Sandy  Redburn
Crafty Secrets 
 
See Our BIG SALE at CraftyVintageGirl.com 
Visit Our Facebook Page with 6560+ Fans!

This Blog: http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com
Our Website: http://www.craftysecrets.com
Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817


Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4


USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine,WA 98230










2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Sandy, you just moved me to tears....thank you so much.....Hugs to you my sweet friend!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Yippee - I'm so happy, I just checked and Courtney's photo I posted has over 400 Facebook likes!