Monday, February 2, 2015

Dry Erase Love Board Tutorial, SALE News and DT Challenge!

Hi Everyone, I have a fun digital tutorial today and I'm linking up to our Feb Linky Party and DT Valentine Challenge where you can get free Valentine Printables if you join in our Linky Party!  I also have SALE NEWS below about our lower prices!

I created 2 different dry erase boards using Photoshop Elements 10 with our Typography CD 3 and did a step by step tutorial on one that I printed and framed in a white frame I got at the dollar store. After I realized I probably should have looked for a different frame as the white frame directed the style of my project and I wanted a romantic style so I made this second layout below. After I printed it I just added a piece of plastic from a sheet protector so I could add it to my fridge with magnets and use a dry erase marker to leave love notes for my honey. 


Here it is finished on my fridge with family photos and on the right side is a photo of my husband Scott about 32 years ago with our oldest daughter Katie. Wow, the time has gone by so fast!


Here's a close up. Gee - I wish I had cooler printing like the font. It's Persimmon.


Okay, here is my digital tutorial on my Dry Erase Board which I printed and added to a photo frame with glass to write on. All of the images and the paper are from our CD # 3
  I was first inspired by this idea after seeing a dry erase frame by Lianne on her Lulabelle blog.  
If I had the right size vintage frame I was going to design one with shabby roses (like above) and make a little fabric cabbage rose from an old t-shirt to velcro on the corner and use as an eraser.


Step 1

Adding the text

Adding the flowers

Duplicating a file, like to flowers to add again.

Sizing your page to fit your frame. If you can choose a print setting try high quality. I printed on 'Best Quality' and used regular white office card stock.

I like the Dry Erase or Wet Erase Markers by Expo and they are inexpensive and come in a wide range of colors you can see Expo Markers on Amazon but many stores stock them. 

I also used this same paper from CD 3 to print a year at a glance calender before. You can get our  Free Printable 2015 Calendar here if you missed them, available in 2 styles.

Now you have to check out all the other Design Team projects!

Kathy Clement, DT Leader 
Ginny Nemchak    New DT Member
Vicki Chrisman, Guest Designer

I also want to tell you about our NEW LOWER PRICES in our www.craftyvintagegirl.com online store as almost every printed item and all the remaining Clear Stamp Sets have been marked down even more as you can see by the price chart below.  I've also added more samples to the store and did a big clean up here and down at our warehouse and found some extra clear stamp sets.  Plus - there are even extra deals on several items- like Party Queen now just $2.50, and Wonderful Pig now $1.75 and many others. Some are limited quantities and others may have been re-printed before put everything on sale and I use to have 3500 to 5000 of any item printed at a time - so I have huge discount pricing if you wish to purchase printed items in bulk.


 We still have some of the jumbo Tattered Angels Timeless Romance Clear Stamp Sets left (I bought a giant skid of them when they discontinued them) and now marked them down to $6.95, plus my shipper is adding 2 large white paper lace square doilies to each set!


Our Little Boy Outfit and Little Girl Outfit   are now $1.75 and are die cut from chipboard and fold. 


Our Best Buds 54 Image Packs (mini stamp set is sold out) are now just $1.95 and available in Christmas 54 Image pack as well.



 Don't forget to check out our DT February Challenge and I hope you will join in our Linky Party which started today and runs for 2 weeks. Vicki Chrisman is our Guest DT this month and we have a New Member Gini Nemchek!
 
Wishing you joy and creativity
Sandy

Visit Our CraftyVintageGirl.com  Store
Join Us on Facebook!


This Blog: http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com
Our Website: http://www.craftysecrets.com
Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817


Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4


USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine,WA 98230

5 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is such a sweet, romantic idea! We have a chalkboard in our kitchen where we write the quote of the month...but I really like this idea, too! Thanks for making such a great project, and the tutorial, too, Sandy! Hugs!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Very cool idea! Great tutorial! Miss you!!

Elizabeth said...

This is a wonderful idea Sandy. Next year I think I'll do this for my sweetie. You're really good at this computer stuff, you have long surpassed my skill set. I have the dishonourable title of the most computer challenged member of the team.

Shantaie said...

what a great idea!!! Thank you for sharing, I have to add this to my things to try list!!!

Sheila Rumney said...

What a super idea! Love this!